http://ningsuttidaexchange.blogspot.com
Insomnia treatment tips II: Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy The significance of worrying about is often underestimated. For example, on nights when you absolutely must sleep, you are apt to have a harder time sleeping. The more you think about how you should be sleeping, the harder it can be to sleep! Or you might be dreading sleep because you know you will wake up in the middle of the night, exhausted but unable to get back to sleep. One or two nights of sleeplessness can quickly turn into more because of your anxiety and worry about sleeping well.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) involves confronting, and changing, your beliefs, assumptions, and behaviors regarding sleep, all of which may be preventing you from getting the sleep you need. CBT can reduce your misconceptions about sleep, as well as teaching you positive sleep behaviors.
The first part of CBT is modifying your thoughts, or cognitions, to create more positive sleep associations. The following are examples of thoughts common to those suffering from insomnia, and how using CBT can help alleviate these worries:
I need a minimum of 8 hours of sleep per night to function effectively during the day.
* CBT response: I don’t necessarily need 8 hours of sleep every night. Every person has a different optimal amount of sleep.
I can’t sleep, tonight and that means I won’t be able to sleep tomorrow night or the next night, etc.
* CBT response: I will sleep fine tomorrow night. I can get up and read for a little while and try again later. Tonight’s experience doesn’t have to determine the future.
I won’t be able to get back to sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night.
* CBT response: My night isn’t ruined – I will be able to get back to sleep. I might be able to get back to sleep more easily if I get up and do yoga or some relaxation exercises.
Redirecting your thoughts takes practice, and the more you try it, the more you will reap the benefits.
The second part of cognitive-behavioral therapy involves changing behaviors and habits that may be affecting your sleep. For example, you might be used to falling asleep in front of the TV with a glass of wine. When you try to sleep a different way, you have trouble. This is because our bodies rely on specific routines and times of day to sleep. However, changing the behaviors of watching TV and drinking alcohol before bed will lead to better sleep, because both TV and alcohol before bed will disrupt sleep. Instead, you could try drinking a warm cup of non-caffeinated tea and reading a book before bed. It may take a few days for your body to get used to the change, but once you do, you will sleep better. Sleep tips provides comprehensive information on how daily habits and behaviors affect sleep and how to make a sleep plan that is right for you.
Suttida : Shopping on line : Self care and psychology knowledge box : have article exchange for your useful daily and self care behavior , mental health of you and friend or family etc.And free method of relaxation technique.
วันจันทร์ที่ 12 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2552
textbooks best sellers save to up 30 %
New York Times® Best Sellers kindle Store
Bestsellers MP3 Downloads: MP3 Albums
special recommadation !! Save 60% on Bedding Sets
Save , special recommadation !!